Lorie Alemania, President of Portfolio Property Investors has over 30 years experience in all phases of commercial real estate, including asset management, property management, leasing, construction, new acquisition and investment analysis, financing and marketing.
She graduated from San Francisco State University in 1983 with a BA in Sociology and has been a licensed California real estate broker since 1990. She began her real estate career in 1983 as a Leasing Assistant with the Taubman Companies and joined Portfolio Property Investors in 1986 as an assistant property manager. She was promoted to property manager in 1988 and Vice President in 1990. Her induction as President in 2006 marked her twentieth anniversary with the company.
As President of Portfolio Property Investors, Ms. Alemania oversees the management of properties and building staff. In addition to current properties; the Rancho Springs Medical Plaza and Hancock Medical Center both in Murrieta, California; previously managed properties have included The Leamington Office Tower, Financial Center Building, Fredericksen Building and Jack London Gateway Shopping Center all in Oakland, California; Hopyard Village Shopping Center in Pleasanton, California and retail shops in Yountville, California, as well as numerous residential apartment buildings throughout the Bay Area. In addition she functions as project and construction manager for all new construction and tenant improvements.
Highlights of her career:
• She has managed properties for institutional lenders under a court appointed receiver/trustee for both commercial and residential income properties.
• In 1995 Councilmember Natalie Bayton awarded her an accommodation for her work in West Oakland.
• In 1999, she successfully identified and negotiated a lease with Gateway Foods, bringing the first new grocery store to Oakland in 25 years and earning her an award for community service from local community groups in West Oakland.
• As leasing agent for the City of Oakland, she brought the Jack London Gateway from 25% occupancy to 100% occupancy in 18 months.
• The Department of Housing and Urban Development has showcased her work at Jack London Gateway on a National level.
• Construction manager for two 30,000 square foot medical office building from the ground up including all approvals, parcel maps, utilities, grading, shell and tenant improvement construction.
• Oversaw the lease-up and served as construction manager for 50,000 square feet of tenant improvements from 2007-2008 in Oakland, California; restoring the Leamington to 98% occupancy after the expiration of the major tenant lease.
• Obtained necessary approvals and entitlements for the construction of a 25,000 square foot commercial property in Yountville, California.
• Maintained an average annual 95% occupancy in The Leamington for 24 years.
• During the acquisition of the Sharp Murrieta Medical Campus by Tenet Healthcare and the subsequent acquisition by Universal Health Care, coordinated with all three hospitals on the transfer of leases and development agreements.
In addition to her real estate career Ms. Alemania has been an active member of Oakland Rotary since 2007, a youth exchange coordinator for Rotary District 5170 and was a member of the Lake Merritt/Uptown Association from 2008 - 2015.